BIGGEST BABY SHOWER
Jo’burg Child Welfare set a new record for the Guinness Book of World Records at the Kids & Baby Expo at Emperors Palace two weekend’s ago (20-23 March 2014). Called the World’s Biggest Baby Shower, (#BiggestBabyShower) they collected 2 052 kg of baby equipment, food and clothing in 4 short days, through donations from companies and members of the Jo’burg communities.
Here’s what they had to say:
World record – ”Most supplies received in 24hours”.
- Huggies supplied us with Nappies for our babies,
- Nutrikids supplied us with their Nutri kids milk brands
- Pampers Supplied us with Wet wipes.
- Imperial I Pledge supplied us with Car Seats and Booster Seats and
- Bertlings Logistics supplied us with the Scale to weigh all this and the Logistics surrounding the products to the relevant homes and head office.
And of cause we cannot forget all the individuals at the Kids and Baby Expo that brought us donations there.
The atmosphere was exciting and the togetherness of all the people out there was fantastic.
We received great exposure and support from many media houses, however it is clear to say that all this was for our babies in our organization and 65 Orphan and Vulnerable Children Centres (OVC’s).
The baby shower materialized for assistance with all the baby supplies to assist our organisation with the budget for 2014/2015.