On the 11th October 2014 we were privileged enough to host our second 500 maternity packs packing day! We were able to make these packs in 3 hours this time (improved our time compared to our June 2014 run) and we improved the way the packs looked. Thank you to Different.org who helped fund these 500 packs!
The packs included the following:
- 20 nappies
- bum cream
- baby lotion
- wet wipes
- maternity pad pack
- a newborn outfit
- a magazine
- a breastfeeding pamphlet
- an impact Africa pamphlet
Next time (29 November 2014) we are packing 100 packs for Christmas and hope to include a 3-6 months outfit, as well as a 6-12 month outfit.
If you have any ideas as to how we can improve our packs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We cost 100 packs at R10 000 and would like to encourage people who want to bless Christmas babies to donate money to this cause, banking details below:
Investec Bank Limited
Branch Code 58 01 05
Account Number 10011575554
Bumbies, Pure beginnings and Bennets stock!
Sooooo proud of this pile, doesn’t it look amazing?
Thank you so very much to the following people/ companies, without your help NONE of this would have been possible:
- Damien for allowing us to use his factory
- EVERY volunteer who helped to pack
- Impact Africa who distributes these packs to Diepsloot Clinic and Coronation hospital
- Timor who distributed to Charlotte Maxeke hospital
- Everyone who sewed blankets – Alison, Thando, Handri, Tracey, Deline, Tarryn, Amy and Bronwynn
- Jenny and your baby magazine – magazines
- Clare and stuff 4 kids – pamphlets
- Carriwell for selling the maternity pads to us
- Validus for selling the nappies and wet wipes to us
- Pure beginnings for donating the baby lotion to us
- Bennets for selling the bum cream to us
please watch this space to read about the amazing stories of the mums we blessed with these packs.