We are at the end of yet another school year, it is frenetic, busy and we are all looking forward to a lovely long, well deserved school holiday.
Here’s something to consider before you take that all important break – If you aren’t going to take it forward – PAY IT FORWARD.
At the end of the school term, your child will return home from school with their bag brimming with stationery, to place next to their kit bag overflowing with sports clothes and equipment, popped down next to the three lunchboxes that you have bought over the course of the school year. Your child will be only happy to take off his / her school shoes – in the case of my children they may be just a little tight as I insisted that they wear them until the last day – waiting until the new school year for a new pair. Sound familiar?
Please take just 30 minutes before you close the door on the 2013 School Year and all school items that you are not taking forward to 2014, please PAY THEM FORWARD to those who are in such desperate need. The Collection Hub is collecting all school items – stationery, pencil boxes, lunch boxes (no school lunches please!), sports equipment, school clothes, text books, school bags and kit bags, and especially school shoes – whatever you are not taking forward to the 2014 school year, please give to us so that we can make a difference in the lives of less fortunate learners.
There is a massive need out there for basic school supplies and especially for school shoes.
How can you help?
1. Take just 30 minutes and encourage your children to sort through their school things and PAY FORWARD everything that they won’t need in 2014 – inspire a sense of volunteerism in them!
2. Help spread the word – forward this email to all of your friends with school going children, share the message on social media, become a campaigner for – If you aren’t going to take it forward – PAY IT FORWARD!
1. Chat to your / your child’s School and see if you can get their support and buy in – the more support we get, the more children we will be able to support.
2. Many School’s have an outreach program and support a school – together we can ensure that all of the children at the outreach school get school shoes – there is strength in numbers! The Collection Hub is all about combining resources.
3. Offer to be the co ordinator for your area / school – The Collection Hub is driven purely by volunteers and our success is based on the assistance by our corps of volunteers.
Let’s see if we can assist 5000 underprivileged school children so that they can start the 2014 School Year with a pair of school shoes, a pencil case and a school bag – I believe that if we all put in a little effort we will achieve this.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Cell : 082 905 7441
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please LIKE our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheCollectionHubGauteng