Welcome 2015!!! We are back and so excited to help others this year, to change even more lives, to donate even more nappies and to help even more new moms in need. For those that did not receive our 2014 newsletter, please see below. If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grace Factory 2014 highlights 19 December 2014
2014 has been a phenomenal year indeed and we couldn’t have done any of it without YOU! Thank you for your continued support in 2014 and we look forward to an even better and bigger 2015!
Homes we have supported this year
We have donated 120 times to children’s homes in 2014, mainly in Gauteng, but also in Natal and the Cape. Clothes, blankets, nappies, bum cream, wet wipes, cots, prams, toys, teddies, ride on cars, puzzles, books, and MANY more were donated.
Some of the homes that we have supported in 2014:
- Chubby chums
- Lily of the valley
- Door of hope – Burea
- Salvation army – Ethembeni
Our annual #GraceFactorySocial
The 2014 #GraceFactorySocial was held in September at a beautiful venue in Glenferness. We had approximately 60 supporters join us for a fun day in the sun, while helping others. THREE car loads full of donations were collected for children’s homes in need.
FNB “how can we help” video
Alison and Amy were completely overwhelmed to be filmed for 10 hours by Grey advertising for our FNB “how can we help” video! It was such a humbling experience! The film crew and advertising agency were so professional and we had the most blessed day. To see our videos (they range from 30 seconds to 4 minutes), please see our facebook page – The Grace Factory.
Maternity pack’s reach a record high
This year Amy has focused on increasing the frequency and number of maternity packs that we hand out. These packs include: 20 nappies, pack of maternity pads, baby outfits, a blanket, wet wipes, bum cream, baby lotion and a magazine
- 500 packs in June 2014
- 500 packs in October 2014
- 100 packs in November 2014
These packs were delivered to mums who have given birth to babies in the following hospitals:
- Baragwanath Academic hospital
- Chalotte Maxeke hospital
- Sasolburg hospital
- Alexandra clinic
- Coronation hospital
- Diepsloot clinic
Thank you to Impact Africa who help us deliver packs and Different.org who help us collect money for packs.
Our 2015 goals
- To continue helping children’s homes with basic essentials and to expand to help homes in need in other provinces
- Make and distribute at least 500 maternity packs every three months, improving the packs every time
- Open other Grace Factory “branches” in South Africa to ensure that we help as many children in need as possible
- Become the change agent, keep our vision and focus of helping babies in need at the centre of what we do
What we need in 2015
In order to grow and reach our goals for 2015 we need the following. If you or any of your friends are interested, please email us on email@example.com
- A safe, secure storage space that has a small office, where we could have meetings and store all our precious stock. Our current facilities (our garages) are merely not big enough to store all our stock anymore. The company who donates this can have free advertising on our website
- A VW caddy, or similar vehicle (new or used) for all our deliveries. Currently our cars can only take 50 maternity packs or a few boxes and black bags at once. In order to save petrol and also drop off the maximum amount of donations at a time, we require a reliable, large vehicle. We are willing to brand the vehicle for free advertising, as well as advertise on our website.
- Monthly debit order In order to keep running we require corporates to donate to us monthly. Even just R100 a month will be a HUGE help.
- My school supporters – in order to sign up for my school, please see myschool.co.za and select The Grace Factory as a beneficiary. We get about R300 a month from my school. The more people that sign up, the more money we get.
- Tell your friends who have children, or know someone with children about us J
- Like our Facebook page – The Grace Factory, or follow us on Twittter – @GraceFactoryZA